Monday, October 15, 2012

Exhibition and Artist Talk

Keep Out
Maryland, 7:57:14PM, Summer 2012, Capitol Limited

Freeway
California, 6:43:46AM, Summer 2012, Southwest Chief

Over the past several years I’ve been riding trains and photographing the landscape. This summer I fulfilled a dream by traveling across the country creating photographs and videos.  Passenger, the first exhibition of the project, is on display at ChromaProjects Art Laboratory in Charlottesville.  It features eleven new images plus a video from my journey.  I will give an artist talk October 17 at 7 p.m. in the Dickinson Theater at Piedmont Virginia Community College.

 My exhibition space at Chroma- what used to be the cooler in the old florist’s shop- is wonderful. Because it’s long and narrow, even a little crowded, it reminds me of the trains that inspired my work. Deborah McLeod is the gallery owner and her husband Rob assists in the operation of the space.  The exhibition is up until October 27.