Thursday, October 13, 2016

Preparing to Exhibit

2016

In April of 2017, I have an exhibition at Second Street Gallery in Charlottesville, VA.  To prepare for this show, I am attempting to resurrect this blog to help me process thoughts and intent.

I am going through a transformative experimental stage in my work. It's been happening over the last fours years.  I begin with deconstructing photographs through cutting or tearing and reconstructing through collage then shooting the new pieces I construct.

As I edit photos to pull together content, I search for patterns in similar content. Much of my artistic practice is about seeing these similarities and differences in our environment.  Understanding if we shift our perspective we become open to a new way of seeing.

Frequently I explore the land of make believe.  I create landscapes that do not exist in the place we habit but rather the landscape of the mind.

Reproduction from the Second Street Gallery season announcement presentation.  Not the best quality.



Potential Future Topics:

Gallery Walls
Process of Gluing
Background Colors
The Imagery Wall
What We View As Real Life
Destination Unknown
Vast Uncertainties
Scale
Market & Trade